FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

t4, Fungus the bogeyvan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Chairman

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote gayle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t4, Fungus the bogeyvan
    Posted: 03 April 2017 at 8:30am
Looking fabby glen! Keep me posted on how well the linseed oil lasts
Highly medicated for the safety of the masses
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 12:36pm
While waiting for filler to set, decided to try giving the tyres some linseed luvin'

Just had another delivery of sad van man accessories, so will play with the boxes then report back
Ttfn Glenn
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem. Lack of funds is the mother of ingenuity
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 6:10pm
Decided to give Fungus a bigger voice.

My sad boys toys delivery consisted of two of these, just need to decide whether to fit both to Fungus, or fit one of them to the little Peugeot. Currently have one temporary mounted in Fungus but need to mount properly and fit a relay to improve operation
Ttfn Glenn
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem. Lack of funds is the mother of ingenuity
McRod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote McRod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 7:34pm
Looking good mate.
1966 Split Screen Canterbury Pitt
1969 1300 Beetle
1970 Early Bay Window Devon
1974 Westfalia Continental
1989 T25 Panel
2012 T5 Twin Slider Kombi.
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by McRod

Looking good mate.

Not really, the pictures don't show the half finished shonky bodywork.
Had to top up Fungus today, and with him being a vegetarian this meant a session of drum and pump on the driveway, while doing this, I wondered where to park the filler cap, no holder on the filler door, but did find a couple of notches on the cap

Suddenly twigged what was meant to be done.

Hang the cap on the door, easy when you know?
Just for giggles, tried one of the horns on the roof

But not even I could be that far gone,
Ttfn Glenn
TheDocmeister View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheDocmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 8:23pm
Gonna have to change your user name to 'Rubber Duck' Wink
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 9:00pm
"10-4 good buddy"
Ttfn Glenn
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 7:35pm
Another delivery from amazon today. Wireless reversing camera For Fungus!
The camera is fitted under the bumper with a couple of self tappers

Had to butcher a hole through the rear panel to run the cables up to the rear light, so the camera only fires up when reverse is selected.
Plonked the screen on the dash,

Connected a battery to fire it up and make sure the wireless was working. Still need to decide where to position the screen and mount it permanently. All this technology for 20 quid!!!!
Ttfn Glenn

Edited by 93fxdl - 05 May 2017 at 7:36pm
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 4:29pm
Been having a sort through of the wheels and tyres at the shed,playing with the tyre changer, to get some wheels ready for blasting

Even mounted a couple ready for use.

Ttfn Glenn
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 5:13pm
Have been playing catchup with getting Fungus ready for volksfling. Refitted the interior panels, had a sort out of all the junk that had collected inside, then made some window blinds

Unfortunately, Fungus decided he didn't like being messed with, and decided to take a bite out of me!!!
Looks worse than it is,

Ttfn Glenn
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 11:49am
Fungus managed his first proper adventure, almost without blotting his copybook.
Weekend away at volksfling
Traveled up with Ben and Gayle

but Fungus was not without a breakdown, Sunday morning, preparing to head home, battery was completely dead! I had left the coolbox running and drained it, being fairly well prepared, I had a spare, so a quick swap and normal service was resumed, and a lesson learned.
The sounds in Fungus could at best be described as adequate, but while perusing my favorite shopping emporium, I spotted some speakers to upgrade the tired originals.

So now have some better sounds in the front, just need to replace the rears with some matching 6s

Ttfn Glenn
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 3:55pm
Have the 6s temporarily(?) fitted in the back. An example of how worldwide VW is, can be seen on the back of the original dash speakers

Malaysia!
While wiring up my reversing camera, had another delivery of online shopping

Not for Fungus, but very VW,
mojo is gradually returning for one of my other projects.
Ttfn Glenn
With all the deliveries I am getting, will soon be on first name terms with the delivery drivers!!!
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 6:28pm
Fungus was in for MOT today, apart from needing the headlamps adjusting, sailed through, just need to refit the led headlamps for night driving.
Also had some shed time, managed a few things of my own, but mainly ended up helping to remove the front crossmember from the jaaaag

Gratuitous grinding picture, (not me)
Did manage to cut some steel to make seat mounts, just some drilling and welding to do.
Also got some parts ready to paint, but rain stopped play.
Ttfn Glenn
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 9:42pm
Received another delivery of goodies today,

A clue

Hopefully will get some shed time tomorrow, for some grinding, welding and possibly some "hammer time"
Ttfn Glenn
With the nice weather, there's even a chance Fungus might get some bodywork attention
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 5:50pm
On club night Fungus decided to misbehave, started loosing coolant had a quick check around and spotted some drips from the rear heater. A quick bit of online shopping saw a new heater matrix heading my way from just kampers.
Today I bit the bullet and decided I had to fix it. So Fungus went skyward on the ramps, and I went groundward on the drive. Two clips hold the hoses on, one broke
Four screws hold the matrix in two chewed up
To pull the matrix out, you will have to let off the handbrake, then pull the matrix out, swap over the flange seal, fit the sealing strip around the matrix and slide the new one back in, tomorrow I shall be doing a steradent flush following getting a new pipe clamp and some screws, then fill with fresh coolant.
I did take pictures but my Victorian phone will not work with imgur or flikr
Ttfn Glenn
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 12:49pm
Looking like Fungus was suffering a bit in the way of clogged arteries, the cooling system seems to have been filled with some sort of rad seal. Now its filled with steradent, to flush the system
Then can be refilled with fresh coolant, probably will give him a second flush to really clear our the system
Ttfn Glenn
Ps yes I do mean steradent, the stuff for cleaning dentures
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 5:14pm
Fitted awning rails down both sides of Fungus, being a twin slider means I can have an awning one side, and a Sun shade the other,with the option to walk through the rails came with dozens of self tapping screws, but not wanting dozens of holes in Fungus' roof, I choose to secure the rails using epoxy adhesive
Ttfn Glenn

Edited by 93fxdl - 17 August 2017 at 5:15pm
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 8:14pm
When I bought Fungus, the aerial had been snapped off, made a temporary fix using a wedge in mast, but reception was patchy at best, perusing my favorite online shopping destination I found an electric aerial for 16, delivery next day and today saw me fitting it, had to enlarge the hole in the inner wing for clearance, will need a bit more fettling, but I now have a fully operational electric aerial controlled by the radio.
Ttfn Glenn
93fxdl View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 93fxdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2017 at 2:00pm
Very little has happened to Fungus, work wise, been too buisy just enjoying driving. Until last night ;-( bringing my daughter home from a volunteer event, Fungus hit a pothole, and by pothole, I mean a small water filled crater that would probably have swallowed my Peugeot.
Today in the light, I find that at least one wheel has a flat in the rim and the tyre has a bulge.
Reported to council and a claim for damages started
Ttfn a rather down Glenn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234