West of Scotland Volkswagen Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Tech advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

T1 Nearside mirror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BillyF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T1 Nearside mirror
    Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:44am
Any advice re a nearside mirror to aid reversing please?

My T1 is fitted with wing mirrors, the offside one gives a perfect view but the nearside is just there for aesthetics, that is I can't see anything with it, especially reversing.

I bought a smart looking wee quarter light mirror, but it's concave/convex the wrong way to be viewed across the car from the driver's seat.

Any suggestions very gratefully accepted!

Thanks 
Billy F
Dave Campbell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Campbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:21pm
What year is the Beetle? If it has hinge mounted mirrors the nearside one should have a longer stem.
BillyF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BillyF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 5:24pm
Thanks,
'64. The mirrors aren't door hinge mounted, they are on the wings. Driver's side - great view, off side nothing. Even leaning right over, there's no view at all and that's why I tried a quarter light mirror but it's still not giving me a view to aid reverse parking or checking lanes etc.
Billy F
rodntod View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rodntod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 6:10pm
Back in the day ,when everything was black and white and i was a boy,we just used to look over our shoulder Embarrassed
"may the fweem be with you" eddie wan kenobi
 Post Reply Post Reply