Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Sales, Wants, Swaps and Freebies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Type 3 Fastback for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Rustback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Type 3 Fastback for sale
    Posted: 14 July 2018 at 4:45pm
Hi folks

This is my first post for years, and it's a sad one. Selling my '72 Texas Yellow Type 3 Fastback. It's on Ebay (Item No. 113149578609 - Classic Cars - Volkswagen) and obviously I'd like to see it go to a good VW home.  As the ad indicates, you'll need to be good with a welder, but it's all perfectly do-able.

All the details are there. If anyone wants to chat or view, contact me on here or just give me a phone - 07905 636904.

I'm in Carmunnock on the south side of Glasgow.

Thanks

Simon
All rust is totally original.
1967_vw View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 1967_vw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 10:17am
Hi Simon,

what reserve do you have on the auction? 

I have too many cars already, including a Fastback in the queue for rebuild, and i'll be abroad when the auction ends but i'm always tempted when i see something classic come up locally...

Good luck with the sale and i hope, like you, that it goes to a great home.

Kev.
Rustback View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rustback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2018 at 6:51pm
Hi Kev. Reserve at £1000. Really just want to see what people might offer. Might let it go for less. There is a lot of rust in the rear inner arches and around the bottom of the inner rear wings. Bottom of A-pillars around the footwell heating vents aren't good either. It needs someone handy with the welder and able to form some complicated patches. Someone like you! Thanks for your interest. Any change of heart, just let me know.

Simon
All rust is totally original.
1967_vw View Drop Down
Paid member
Paid member

Post Options Post Options   Quote 1967_vw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 9:10pm
That seems a fair reserve Simon and it looks like you are getting some decent interest so i don't think there will be a problem selling it. Sounds like it needs all the usual work done but if a buyer knows what they are doing with a Fasty then they should know what they are getting themselves into.

Perversely, i'm kinda glad i won't be here for the end of the auction as i'd probably end up buying it. My wife is already egging me on to do just that!! (I know, she's a keeper...Smile)

Kev
 Post Reply Post Reply